Get Help with DACA
A judge in Texas has just ordered the DACA program to be partially ended. This ruling comes after our victory from the New York Federal court last year reinstating DACA in full. Here’s what this means:
- What does the ruling mean? It means that Hanen has sided with Republicans and has partially ended the DACA program. While new applications will no longer be approved, renewals will continue to move forward. The ruling goes into effect immediately.
What happens to DACA recipients and DACA-eligible youth?
- If you have DACA right now: you are still protected and will be able to continue renewing for now.
- If you are eligible for DACA but have never applied: DHS can still accept your application but will NOT be able to process it.
- Unless your Advance Parole application was already approved as of today, Advance Parole is closed for DACA recipients.
- If your application for renewal is already being processed: your renewal should continue as normal.
- We are in this together. We are here for you and have your back. We were here before DACA and we are here to stay no matter what happens. Part of keeping our movement strong is giving yourself the care you need in critical times like this. To get Undocu-health resources, text “UHEALTH” to 877-877.
- The Biden-Harris Administration must take action and provide permanent protections NOW! Biden has been in office for almost 6 months, and yet our community continues to be under constant attack. Today’s ruling is a reminder that our community needs permanent protections NOW!
- Democrats in Congress can deliver citizenship for millions of undocumented people NOW!. Biden and Democrats in Congress must ensure a pathway to citizenship stays in the reconciliation package before the August recess. The package must protect undocumented people, including DACA recipients, TPS holders, Farmworkers, and Essential Workers. Text “SI SE PUEDE” to 877-877 to learn more about what you can do to support a PERMANENT path to citizenship!
What does the UFW Foundation recommend?
Please call the UFW Foundation at 1-877-881-8281 for guidance on your situation or if you have any questions. Visit www.ufwfoundation.org and click 'help' to enter the DACA page for more details. Important note: If people have been previously arrested or have previous crimes, it is imperative that they seek the opinion of an experienced immigration attorney.
For More Information Visit the USCIS Website: https://bit.ly/3gyUfq6
Information on this page was made possible thanks to United We Dream
Call to Schedule Your Appointment Today: 1-877-881-8281
Sign Up to receive UFW Foundation updates and opportunities!
Like us to spread the word