The UFW Foundation's career opportunities are listed at www.ufwfoundation.org/jobs.
Note: Unless stated otherwise, posted positions require candidates to be bilingual: English and Spanish, indigenous languages, or other languages as needed to meet communities' needs.
Benefits & Perks
As a nonprofit, you might think we are limited in what benefits we can offer. Well, think again. These benefits and perks are available to those who join the UFW Foundation’s dynamic staff.
- Competitive compensation that takes into account your prior experience and responsibilities.
- Based on the performance of the employee, team, and organization, as well as the organization’s financial sustainability.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive medical and prescription drug benefits with the majority of the healthcare premium paid by the UFW Foundation. Premiums are pre-taxed to save you money.
- Comprehensive dental plan with the majority of the premium paid by the UFW Foundation. Premiums are pre-taxed to save you money.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- You may put aside pre-tax dollars in a healthcare or dependent care flexible spending account each plan year.
- Comprehensive vision plan with the majority of the premium paid by the UFW Foundation. Low out-of-pocket cost for eye exams, glasses or contacts. Premiums are pre-taxed to save you money.
Employee Assistance Program
- Free robust program available to help you that offers support and resources for family, legal, and financial issues, as well as counseling, treatment, and critical incident stress management.
- Provides support in the form of wages and reimbursement of medical costs if you are injured while performing your job duties.
RETIREMENT, LIFE INSURANCE, & SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE
UFW Foundation 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Eligible employees may participate on their date of hire. The UFW Foundation matches dollar-for-dollar up to 2% of their annual salary after 90 days providing employees contribute a minimum of 2% of their annual salary.
Juan De La Cruz Pension Plan
- Eligible employees are automatically enrolled in an employer-sponsored pension plan with an employee self-contribution component with a guaranteed 6.5% interest rate.
- Eligible employees may participate on their date of hire.
- $4,000.00 American Income Life Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance after 90 days of employment. $8,000.00 Life Insurance for employee and $4,000.00 for dependents.
- Access to voluntary employee-paid supplemental insurance.
- Eligible employees accrue 2, 3, and 4 weeks per year depending on tenure. Caps at 80, 160, and 200 hours, respectively.
- 6 days per year. *Employees working in certain municipalities or states may be entitled to additional sick leave as per local ordinances or state laws.
- 16 days per year, includes a floating personal day.
Bereavement Upon Death of Immediate Family
- 5 days per family member.
Mental Health Day
- 1 day per calendar year.
Family and Parental Leave
- We offer family and parental leave in conformance with state and federal laws.
- Eligible employees can take up to 12 unpaid workweeks of family or medical leave in a 12-month period for certain reasons, one of which is any qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that his or her spouse, child, or parent is a covered military member on “covered active duty.” Furthermore, if the eligible employee is the spouse, child, parent, or next of kin of an ill or injured covered service member, they are entitled to 26 unpaid workweeks of leave during a single 12-month period to provide care for the service member.
- The UFW Foundation is committed to supporting the professional development of their staff through training programs, seminars, conferences, certifications and workshops.
Employee Knowledge Center via ADP Workforce Now Learning Center and State Fund’s Online Safety UniversitySM
- 1,000s of professional development courses are available to you at no cost.
Department/Team Building Retreats
- Occasionally, the UFW Foundation organizes retreats by teams or organization-wide. This is paid time away to re-energize, focus and strategize. Food and accommodations provided.
- Discounts provided through UnionPlus and Lifemart.
Flexible Schedules and/or Work Arrangements
- Eligible employees may work remotely or hybrid depending on the nature of their work.
- No cost to park at any of our office locations.
Do you like this page?