Storm Assistance for Immigrants (SAI) Program Provided by UFW Foundation
As a result of the storms that impacted California’s communities from December 2022 through April 2023, the UFW Foundation was selected by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) to provide direct assistance to immigrant families in the Kern, Tulare and Ventura Counties who were affected by the storms and who are unable to access federal assistance. Qualifying adults will receive a $1,500 and children (under 18-years-old) will receive $500, with a maximum of $4,500 per household. The funds are to help storm impacted individuals and households cover certain necessary costs including housing, food, and transportation costs. This program is separate and different than the Farm and Food Workers Relief (FFWR) Program, and those who already applied for FFWR can also apply for this assistance if they are eligible.
- The application process will be in person only, starting in the month of June.
- The program will be available through May 31, 2024, or until all funds are exhausted, whichever comes first. It is anticipated that funds will exhaust before the program closing date.
- UFW Foundation will be accepting applications in the following counties ONLY: Kern, Tulare, Ventura.
- There is no charge to apply for this program and services are completely free.
- DO NOT USE A THIRD PARTY TO APPLY FOR THIS ASSISTANCE.
- Applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
Applicants may contact the UFW Foundation SAI assistance team through email and the phone numbers for their respective counties. When calling or emailing, ensure to include your full name, telephone number and best time to contact you.
- Email: [email protected]
- Kern County: (661) 546-9303
- Tulare County: (559) 366-0099
- Ventura County: (805) 853-5055
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. PST. Assistance in other languages will be available.
To be eligible for storm recovery services, an individual must be able to provide information that they:
- lived and/or worked in an impacted county, in this case, Kern, Tulare and/or Ventura County;
- are an adult (person over the age of 18);
- are not eligible for federal disaster assistance; and
- have experienced a hardship resulting from the storms that occurred in December 2022 through April 2023, which includes loss of housing, loss of work, loss of property, etc.
- For a full list of service providers, please visit CDSS: Storm Assistance for Immigrants (SAI)
Do you like this page?