Protect yourself and your community with these fraud prevention tips.
What to do
- Apply with an authorized organization. Only organizations awarded the grant by the USDA are authorized to process applications. Click here to view the complete list of authorized organizations.
What not to do
- Do not accept help from notaries. Notaries are not authorized to process applications.
- Do not accept help from strangers. Verify that the person assisting you is a staff member of an authorized organization before sharing documents or sensitive information.
- Do not pay fees. There are no fees to apply nor to receive application assistance.
- Do not apply on unsecured platforms. Never share personal documents or sensitive information through email, text, or social media.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
Do you like this page?